mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Nov 4 02:16:21 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 18:21 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> It depends on what percentage of the mail from .biz is not spam. If
>> messages for .biz make up 2% of his spam,  but 100% of the messages
>> from .biz are spam, then it is justified. The question is if the
>> default is justified for most people. I know it is for me.
>
> I have a .biz domain, if you assert that all .biz mail is 100% spam, and
> delete it regardless, I'd never be able to mail you privately, nor be
> able to do anything about it.  Likewise for anybody else that I
> communicate with.  I've got to:
>
>       *  Convince them to accept the mail, somehow.  Which, not only,
>         involves convincing them to do, but explaining how to.
>       *  Do the above with every single person that I tried to e-mail.
>       *  Change my e-mail address to suit other people's stupid
>         practices.
>
> It's about as dumb as those fools who block all Hotmail.
>
> You can assess what you've received so far, and make a judgement on it,
> but *ONLY* it.  You can't gauge what you're going to receive, in the
> same manner.

True. You have to check your filters every so often to make sure you
are not getting too many "false positives". But now days, even if
you are not sending from a .biz domain, chances are I would not read
private mail from you. If the mail is not from a mailing list I am
subscribed to, or from someone that I normally get mail from, it may
not get looked at before it get deleted because of its age. If I get
time, I will go through that mail box, but if I don't, I don't. I
may be missing some mail that I would have found interesting, but I
only have so much time. There are also a few other things that will
get a message flagged for a closer look, but I am not going to post
them here.

There is not perfect solution for mail filtering. All you can do is
find one that works for you. And you have to modify your filtering
as conditions change. Who knows, maybe someone will find a way to
get rid of spam...

Mikkel