mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Nov 4 02:27:36 UTC 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Tim wrote:

>> sometimes it is justified, I have .cn .kr .tw and .br to name some blocked
>> because of the extreme levels of spam
>
> It's just another form of internet racism, with all the problems that
> racism has always had:  Ignorance causing harm to others.  Entire top
> level domains (or countries, or services, etc.) get discriminated
> against, because of the actions of some.  And the "I doesn't cause
> problems for me" attitude (i.e. "I am unaware of any problems, so I
> think that there are none") allowing it to continue to cause harm to
> others.

I disagree, you have to evaluate the amount of time staff are wasting on
it as well, when your CSR's complain that theres so much of it,
with no common ISP, the best way is to take them out, it might cause some
collateral damamge, yes I accept that when I approve and TLD ban but then
  support staff and my technical staff could do the more important things
they were actually employed to do in the first place.

CSR's are not paid to sit there and take thousands of complaints of spam
they do actually have to do other things like help those with real issues.

The decision to block a TLD is not made lightly, and its not taken because
we got a few hundred spams either, there must be thousands of it and over
several days, for a first time block, and a second time block gets them
in there for a couple months, and third time, they deserve to be
blocked for life.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd