[ OT? ]: Firefox hogging nwk bandwidth

Anoop Chandran anoopcj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 06:43:29 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

I was running an ssh session to a remote box from my laptop (FC6).
Meanwhile,
I started a download of a tar ball using Firefox (v.2). And suddenly I was
unable to send any inputs to the terminal. It was like Firefox was hogging
all of the network bandwidth. I waited till the download to be completed, to

send further commands, so that i could really see what I was typing to the
terminal.

Amused, I tried second time downloading a different package using Firefox.
Same thing happened. I tried a `ping www.yahoo.com` and it took at least
five seconds to resolve the host and start pinging the host.

Was wondering if anyone had faced similar situation.

- Anoop