settings printer gone after reboot

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Sun Nov 5 19:42:24 UTC 2006

> After upgrading to fc6 I had to re-configure my locally connected
> > printer. I deleted the "old" printer via Cups web interface and added
> > the new one. I could print again.
> > But after a reboot my new settings were gone and the "old"were still
> > there. I can't seem to make the changes permanently.
> > What do I do wrong?
>

> This sounds like your /etc/cups files might have the wrong SELinux file
> contexts.  What does 'restorecon -v /etc/cups/*' say?

This is the output of

restorecon -v /etc/cups/*

# restorecon -v /etc/cups/*
restorecon reset /etc/cups/printers.conf context user_u:object_r:cupsd_etc_t:s0->system_u:object_r:cupsd_rw_etc_t:s0
restorecon reset /etc/cups/printers.conf.O context user_u:object_r:cupsd_etc_t:s0->system_u:object_r:cupsd_rw_etc_t:s0

Peter