yum-updatesd: error getting update info: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Esteban Xandri esteban.xandri at speedy.com.ar
Sun Nov 5 20:07:04 UTC 2006

After a DVD upgrade from FC5 to FC6, I installed yum-updatesd, in order
to let puplet keep notifying about updates. So far I had no luck.
1st I had to apply the patch from Bug 212934, to make puplet visible.
Then I started to receive the error of the subject in /var/log/messages.
Right now I can confirm that updates are available (yum check-updates
from terminal), but puplet shows no change at all (even after forcing a
"Refresh")
Can anyone tell me the steps necessary to make puplet works in an
upgraded FC6?
Thanks in advance
EFX
PS: more info
[root at pentium4 ~]# service yum-updatesd status
yum-updatesd (pid 3877) is running...
[root at pentium4 ~]# service messagebus status
dbus-daemon (pid 5777 2303) is running...