FC6 not recognising Flash drive.

Norm norm at workingtools.ca
Sun Nov 5 20:24:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:24:53
+0000 dexter <ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat November 4 2006 20:16, Norm wrote:
> > I thought I noticed a thread on this a while ago but can not find
> > it. On boot my FC6 box does not recognize my Flash drive although
> > it did in FC5.  To recognize my flash drive I need to either mount
> > it manually or pull it out and reinsert it.  In either case this is
> > easily done but I would like to tweak what ever settings I need to
> > have it mount automatically on boot.
>
> I think the latest FC6 kernel (1.2835.fc6) fixes this.
> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Thanks
I was under the impression that I had the latest kernel - I
regularly check for updates through yum. My kernel is
2.6.18-1.2798fc6.
Is there more I need to do to make certain I have the latest kernel?
Or am I right in guessing that the latest kernel was only released
yesterday and takes a while to make it through the system