Cannot sometimes reboot in graphical mode

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 5 21:28:21 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 05 November 2006 17:23, Chris Mohler wrote:
>> I see that there's a new rhgb in updates - maybe it's fixed....
>>
> What is it?  What does it do?  My old laptop was fine until a couple of
> kernels ago, then I had to edit the line to get rid of rhgb, so I'd like to
> know what the difference is.
>
> Anne

Basically it just shows the services starting in a bar rather than the
more valuable startup messages which show success or failure of
services. I usually run without rhgb and quiet on most systems.

Jim

--
The less you know about computers the more you want Microsoft!
         -- Microsoft ad campaign, circa 1996

(Proof that Microsoft's advertising _isn't_ dishonest!)