[FC6, Install Issues] Small problems

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 23:57:37 UTC 2006

I recently install Fedora Core 6 on my desktop (Watson) I had intended
to write up a review style report...but I got distracted and just
enjoyed the whole installation process (I may have ADHD). So seeing as
there only six (6) issues in my notes. I'll release them on to the
list - a thread per issue. I apologize if anyone sees this as spam.

[FC6, Install Issues] Small problems

Four smaller issues I noted

1) I have never used K3B to burn an audio CD (that I remember) yet K3B
persists to be under the Audio section of Pirut during install.

2) The pre install message (just before the finaly button to start
install) listed that I needed 6 CDs and if I did not have them, I may
want to reboot now instead. However I was using a DVD to install. To
someone who doesn't know..this woud be confusing

3) First boot seemed not to give me the change to choose a resolution
(if I it did, I somehow missed it - which I found strange) and it
chose a very poor resolution. Furthermore, using
system-config-display, did _not_ set my resolution as promised. I had
to use the console and vim to get the change done.

4) And finally. SSH root logins are still enabled by default, while
DenyHosts isn't installed by default. I have noticed that enough
bruteforce attempts at one time can server as a mini DOS attack.

My Fedora +  KDE is the shinnest it's ever been, and running very
smootly so far. Compared to the 1.5 days it took me to install Windows
on my laptop, FC6 on my desktop was a one night breeze.

Thanks for the great distro.

Arthur

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud