3-D ( bzflag ) problems in fc6

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Mon Nov 6 03:01:54 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 20:44, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 11/5/06, Mail List <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
> >    2) nvidia NV37GL [Quadro FX 330/Quadro NVS280] desktop
> >        All fine on fc5 - fc6 cannot change brightness in bzflag - but
> > otherwise works ok - using livna kmod-nvidia-1.0.8776-1.2.6.18_1.2798.fc6
>
> Are you not able to adjust the brightness controls, or the controls
> just don't have any impact?  Is this problem also present with the
> 1.0-9626 driver?

   bzflag sets the brightness in options menu - as one dials the setting it
has no  visual impact - leave option area and return and it is always reset
to the previous value (the slider).

   I have not as yet tried the 9626 driver - I thought i read something about
a problem with it so I did not try it yet ... any tricks I shud know before
installing ? (its in the testing area I believe)