FC5 is driving me crazy.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 08:37:36 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 23:02, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 14:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I have a machine that works under FCx [x = 2-5] but now goes crazy under
> > FC6. These are the highlights.
>
> I'm moving up to FC6 next week. Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade??
> I want to know for my own peace of mind. I usually do a fresh install.
> Ric

Ric, I did a clean install, but I do recommend a clean /home as well if you
have space.  Vital files can easily be copied across, and this avoids a lot
of the problems that people have talked about.

The only problems I had were the soundcard, which appeared to be not working
but was in fact muted and the gpg problem, which turned out to be a corrupted
file.  Whatever caused that corruption, presumably something crashing, it
worked briefly before the corruption, so I think it has nothing to do with
the FC6 install.

Don't be put off by what you are reading.  Most of the problems are
self-inflicted.  People don't like listening to good advice :-)

Anne