FC6 Guifications does not work with Gaim

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:28:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 21:58 -0600, Jonathan Berry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just recently upgraded (via a fresh install) to FC6 x86_64 and for
> the most part things have worked quite well.  I use Gaim for instant
> messaging and have used the Guifications plugin (package
> gaim-guifications) with Gaim.  I installed the plugin with yum, but
> going into Gaim in the Plugins section, Guifications is greyed out and
> cannot be enabled.  Some red text in the details sections complains:
> "Error: You are using gtk-gaim, but this plugin requires gtk."
> This almost looks like maybe there is some string in the plugin that
> should say "gtk-gaim" but just says "gtk" instead.  Is anyone else
> having this problem?

You might want to check out kopete. It'll handle just about any
messenger format at once. Really nifty, I highly recommend it. I think
it's in kdnetwork so you might already have it installed. I'll handle
webcams, photo icons. Nifty, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net