Gnome has disaapeared in FC6 and only KDE remains.-SOLVED

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Nov 6 22:33:59 UTC 2006

> Aaron Konstam wrote:

> >> The one time I tried pirut I found that unchecking a line meant in-fact
> >> that the package/group was to be removed.  I have not used it since.
> >>

> > I agree with your experience. I think Rahul is wrong in this case.
>
> Unselecting a package does indeed mean you want to uninstall it and
> thats standard behavior in package managers but you need to confirm that
> and it would list dependencies. I dont see what the actual complaint is.

Unless it has been updated (highly possible) I do not recall a prompt
for confirmation of specific packages and actions.  As I recall, it
simply went on and did its thing once the package selection was made and
the "do it" button was clicked.  It has after all been about a year
since I used it and found it not to my liking.
Pup, OTOH, seems more user friendly in this regard.

I believe the OP said he did not get a prompt for confirmation.