Gutenprint for FC5

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Nov 7 13:28:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 14:00 +0800, Stephen Ng wrote:
> Have you managed to compile and install gutenprint? Is there anything
> special to look out for? Does it install over or alongside cups drivers?

I compiled and installed it, and haven't experienced any problems so
far.  Gutenprint went into /usr/local, so the older gimp-print was left
intact.

Gutenprint works with CUPS, so it doesn't install over the existing CUPS
driver from gimp-print. You'll be able to choose which one you want to
use.

When you compile it, make sure you only configure it to support the
locale you need, otherwise the default is to compile ppds for every
language!

That's about it, really.  Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu