Invalid Module Format?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 7 17:47:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:33:50 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just discovering a problem with glibc, parts seem to be missing and
> it won't yum install or update with a bunch of dependencies. If you
> would, give it a whirl and see if you don't see the same problem? Ric

I've been doing updates on FC5 and 6 with mostly no problems, and I certainly
have glibc installed. The only problems I've noticed have been due to
the fantastic number of i386 packages installed with FC6 and the repos
not getting both the x86_64 and i386 rpms updated at the same time.

If its some i386 thing I want, I'll wait for the repo to catch up and try
again, if I decide I don't need it (like the complete copy of KDE I
got in both i386 and x86_64 versions), I'll get rid of a lot of i386
packages, then I'll be able to update the x86_64 versions without
conflicts.

My Invalid Module Format problem was something else entirely - I had
installed with wrong kernel-devel (instead of kernel-smp-devel).