Screen Freeze

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Nov 7 23:58:49 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 23:42, Per-Anton Rønning wrote:
> Tony Nelson wrote:
> > It sounds like X is stuck.  Does Ctl-Alt-F1 (or F2) give you a Virtual
> > Terminal?
>
> Sorry, no. All keystrokes are blocked out.
>
> PA

I've had the same thing on FC2 today, and on odd occasions before. No mouse,
and no keyboard. Today with nothing running but Gkrellm, and Kget fetching
the elive iso, I noticed a time difference between the 2 machines. Looking
closer the one machine had completely locked up. Kget was presumably still
downloading, but everything on the desktop was locked up. Another hard reset.
Thankfully Kget continued where it left off, but I would like to find out why
this happens.

Nigel.