FGLRX driver not being used

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:00:07 UTC 2006

I installed FC6 recently, using the livna repository to install the ATI
FGLRX driver initially. After installation, xorg.conf was still set to
use radeon so I changed it to "fglrx". But it still used MesaGL. So I
uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, no difference. I changed it back
to radeon and ran aticonfig --initial, this changed it to fglrx and
added a couple other options that probably helped. Still no dice.
[grinnz at localhost ~]$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.5.1)
[grinnz at localhost ~]$ glxinfo | grep rendering
direct rendering: No

xorg.conf is attached. Card is a mobility FireGL V3200, worked fine with
the livna ATI drivers for FC5. Thanks for any help.
-Dan