FC5 lynx: ERROR - unable to open bookmark file.

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:40:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

does anybody have the same problem too?
When I'm trying to bookmark a webpage in lynx I get:

     I press "a"
     Save D)ocument or L)ink to bookmark file or C)ancel? (d,l,c):
     I press "l" (ell)
    Title: some_page_title (enter)
    ERROR - unable to open bookmark file.

In my ~/.lynxrc I have:

    bookmark_file=/home/afarber/.lynx_bookmarks.html
    multi_bookmarkB=
    multi_bookmarkC=
    multi_bookmarkZ=
    sub_bookmarks=OFF

    pref:~ {1005} ll ~/.lynx_bookmarks
    -rw-r--r-- 1 afarber afarber 0 Nov  6 10:31 /home/afarber/.lynx_bookmarks

(I've touched the file above. Removing it doesn't help either)

    pref:~ {1006} cat /etc/fedora-release
    Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)

    pref:~ {1007} rpm -q lynx
    lynx-2.8.5-27.2.1

I'm a longtime lynx user on OpenBSD and don't have such problems there

Regards
Alex

--
http://preferans.de