FGLRX driver not being used

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 10:43:13 UTC 2006

>  Thanks. But it didn't work for me.
> I found in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
> the suggestions that I should add:
>

> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option  "AIGLX" "off"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Extensions"
>         Option "Composite" "Disable"
> EndSection
> To xorg.conf, and indeed there are no more '(EE)' messages on starting X
> with both those set. But Mesa continues to manage screen 0  :(

  Still confused. I tried the xorg.cxonf from Phoronix:
http://www.phoronix.com/redblog/downloads/xorg-fc6-sample.conf
 said to fix this, and got the same results.

  Also, maybe connected, I have a weirdness that my xorg.conf says
may keyboard is UK. But it types US. I go into system-config-keyboard
and this claims UK. I click UK. and I get UK - until I restart
the X server. Probably something else, but I just thought it might
ring a bell with someone...
    Bill