FGLRX driver not being used

Tobias Bocanegra tobias.bocanegra at day.com
Wed Nov 8 10:45:43 UTC 2006

>  Thanks. But it didn't work for me.
> I found in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
> the suggestions that I should add:
>

> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option  "AIGLX" "off"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Extensions"
>         Option "Composite" "Disable"
> EndSection
> To xorg.conf, and indeed there are no more '(EE)' messages on starting X
> with both those set. But Mesa continues to manage screen 0  :(

hmm, not sure about the settings, here my modules section:

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "synaptics"
        Load  "dri"
EndSection

and this is problably the reason, why it works for me:

(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such fi
le or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

maybe you remove the 'glx'  ? or change the order, so that is loads
prior to dri ?

regards, toby