Webcam choice

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 20:45:38 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 17:54, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > OK - last hurdle, I hope:
> >
> > *** The "rpmbuild" program is not in your PATH!
> >
> > This is root, of course.  I've found
> >
> > usr/lib/librpmbuild-4.4.so
> >
> > so how do I append it to root's path?   I'm sure I should know this, but
> > I just can't remember.
>
> Um, what are you trying to do now? You don't need rpmbuild to build a
> kernel module. Have you moved on to something else now>

No, still the same install of webcam drivers, but I was using checkinstall so
that it would be handled by the yum database.

> Don't build RPMs as root anyway. You'll need the rpm-build package and
> then you can build them as a regular user.
> http://www.city-fan.org/tips/CreateRPMBuildEnvironment

I'll look at that tomorrow.  I just hope this is worth it.  I do wonder
whether I want to get the webcam going enough to spend much more time on it.

I appreciate your help, though

Anne