Startup and copying files is very slow

Me2resh Lists me2resh.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:55:00 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 04:01 +0200, Me2resh Lists wrote:
> > Hi
> > i have upgraded from fedora core 5 to fedora core 6
> > the upgrade process went smooth.
> > but after upgrading when i boot the system, it stopps for more than a
> > minute @ :
> > Not Using MMCONFIG
> > and then continue and stop for more than a minute @ :
> > Starting Udev :
> > also when i copy files through my drives or through the network, the
> > speed is slower 5 times of the usual speed.
> > does anyone knows what may casue such a thing ??
> > thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated
> >
> The MMCONFIG part seems to suggest a buggy BIOS/ACPI configuration.
> A. What's your hardware configuration?
> B. Can you post the output of dmesg?
> C. Enter your BIOS. Do you have "OS type" selection? Does it say "Linux"
> or "Other"?

Hi
A.  i am on laptop, asus  M6B007, and i had all previous distributions
running with no problems on it.
B.  Here is the output message :

Uncompressing Linux ...... Ok, Boothing the kernel.
PCI Bios Bug. MCFG area at E00000000 is not EQ20 reserved
PCI : Not using MMCONFIG

C. i dont have Os Type on my bios :(

any ideas about what i can do that,
any help would be appreciated