Can,t send mail in t-bird or evolution.????

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Nov 9 06:53:44 UTC 2006

tommy12 wrote:
> Sorry i have been away for a while. This is what i'm, showing
> when i followed your instructions.--------------------Connected to
> smpt.charter.net.net (67.15.129.30).
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> No more connections are allowed to telnet server. Please try again
> later.Connection closed by foreign host.

I don't know what the original question was...but if you trying to test SMTP
mail you need to use the port option in the telnet command.

telent smpt.charter.net.net 25

>From my end I get

telnet: connect to address 67.15.129.30: Connection refused

Which seems to indicate that system is not running a mail server, is blocked
by a firewall, or the mail server is not configured properly

--
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether II win or lose.
		-- Darrin Weinberg