i8k module and x86_64 kernel

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Thu Nov 9 10:41:27 UTC 2006

El Jueves, 9 de Noviembre de 2006 09:58, Marcel J.E. Mol escribió:
> After setting up my new inspiron laptop with FC6 x86_64 I noticed the i8k
> module is not present. It turned out the module is only present in the i686
> kernel package.
>
> Is there a reason i8k is not in 64-bit kernels?

I supposed that they are trying to port the module to 64 bit kernels, maybe
you could contact the developer and ask him if there's a plan to include i8k
on kernel for 64bits distros, I hope so.

Furthermore I rembemer that i read (don't know where) that the problem was (i
don't know if it's still a problem) that the main developer of i8k hasn't got
a 64bit machine where he could be able to test his driver and modifying it if
that was necesary.

Greetings.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.