Dovecot Migration from OS X to FC4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 15:27:50 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 15:05, Lovell McIlwain wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to move my IMAP server from a OS X machine using WU-IMAP to an
> FC4 machine using Dovecot 0.99.14
>
> I was able to move my mail properly and so on, but when I try to connect to
> the machine using IMAP/SSL the only mailboxes that show up are my inbox and
> my trash.  All of my other mailboxes don't show up at all.
>
> I signed up to the dovecot mailling list and they pointed me to there wiki
> on migrating mail but that didn't seem to solve my issue.  Can anyone tell
> me anything else that I can try?
>
> As far as I know the mailboxes that I moved over were standard unix
> mailboxes.

By that, do you mean mbox or maildir?  Have you done any editing of
dovecot.conf?  You'll need to point it to the directories and set it up for
either mbox or maildir.  Depending on they way you have done things before
you may also want to set up SAS: authentication.  The notes on the wiki are
very good.

Anne