Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Thu Nov 9 18:05:52 UTC 2006

Kim Lux <lux at diesel-research.com> writes:

> And is this the sort of stuff we expect joe average computer user to do,
> because after all, Linux is ready for the <average> desktop !   So when
> my mom, who doesn't even know what a command line is, boots and X
> doesn't start, what do I do with her ?

Messing with drivers often mean problems in Windows too. If this should be
the metric for how "ready for the desktop" a system is, then Windows isn't
ready for the desktop.

I seldom use Windows, but that doesn't prevent my friends and relatives
asking for help with their Windows computers. Their problems have in
several cases have been driver-related.

Regards
Ingemar