Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 9 18:16:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:41 +0000, Scott van Looy wrote:
> This usually won't be the case. There's always a slight overlap, as I
> said, of usually one or two days, when the kernel module isn't
> available
> for that kernel, but fedorakmod makes sure that the RPMs stay in sync
> and
> it just works

Only one or two days.  Is there some reason that the open source
community couldn't get together on this and have the module ship at the
same time as the kernel ?

So I'd have to teach my mom to make sure to not boot the new kernel for
a few days and, as a matter of fact, check that the new driver is
installed before booting it.  In effect, teach her to rpm -q
kmod-nvidia ?  Yeah, that seems user friendly.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.