Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 9 19:18:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:08 -0500, Kurt Wall wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:19:23AM -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 18:53 +0100, Colin Brace wrote:
> > >
> > > Booting Windows wasn't necessary. "yum search nvidia" would have
> > > returned the correct package name.
> >
> > OK.  I'm not a yum power user.  I actually searched for other
> > information on stuff at the same time.  lynx won't run google !
>
> Bollocks, of course it does. I think what you mean to say is "I don't know
> how to use lynx."

Silly me.

$lynx www.google.com

   Google
            Error

                                  Bad Request

     Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.
     Please    see    Google's    Terms    of    Service    posted    at
     http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html

     We have encountered an error while processing your request. If you
would
     like to provide us with information about this error, please report
your
     problem. In your email, please send us the entire code displayed
below.
     Please  also send us any information you may know about how you are
     performing your Google searches-- for example, "I'm using the Opera
     browser on Linux to do searches from home. My Internet access is
through a
     dial-up account I have with the FooCorp ISP." or "I'm using the
Konqueror
     browser on Linux to search from my job at myFoo.com. My machine's
IP
-- press space for next page --
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move.  Right to follow a link; Left to go
back.
 H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history
list

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.