[Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Nov 9 19:31:05 UTC 2006

Kim Lux wrote:
> I guess he would build the nvidia module on one and
> distribute it to each machine to be installed at the same time as the
> kernel.  Big pain.
    How is that a pain?  I do that all the time.  I build the kernel, I
build the driver and test.  When it works, I stick them in our local
repository.  Each machine will then perform their own update when we
push the information out.  The user doesn't do anything out of the
ordinary: they leave at the end of the day and shut down.  The next
morning the machine boots up with the new kernel and driver.  I get to
have coffee and breakfast.  They won't know the difference.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6