New FC6 install, perms probs galore

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 9 18:58:32 UTC 2006

Greetings;

Hey, I haven't even got fetchmail to suck from vz yet, but I seem to have
major perms problems with several items.

1. Heyu, launched as root reports it can't open /dev/ttyS1, but its perms are:
crw------- 1 root root 4, 65 Nov  9 12:33 /dev/ttyS1

2. I can't use 1600x1200 for a screen else its wrapped about 20 lines at the
top & bottom of the screen, and the left side completely clipped off
somewhere between the evo and word processor icons, which themselves don't
show because they're off the bottom of the screen, someplace in the vertical
retrace.  The actual edges of the scan can be seen, except for the left edge
so its not a too big for the tube problem.  Currently running some 1400x that
does work, but I'd like my 1600x1200 back please.

3. A ps -ea|grep fetchmail says its running, but like heyu, its not generating
its separate log, and neither is procmail which is also keeping its own
logfile, both of those configs copied from a perfectly working FC2 system.
But no mail is coming in that I can find.  So I may have to fire up x on the
firewall and suck mail with it for a bit.

Now lets see if it can find the server at vz and send this...
--
Cheers, Gene