Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Thu Nov 9 20:54:35 UTC 2006

Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:
> Kim Lux wrote:
>> installed before booting it.  In effect, teach her to rpm -q
>> kmod-nvidia ?  Yeah, that seems user friendly.
>>
> Let's be realistic here, Linux for the masses (of mums) is just a plain
> silly concept at the moment.

No, I don't think it is a silly concept. Fedora is -fantastic- for
"mums" mostly because you can tell yum to update things nightly, and the
software magically takes care of itself! And no virus worries!

However, the closed driver module / kernel update issue breaks that ease
of set-and-forget. Which sucks. So I don't use kernel modules anymore...

I have my dad on FC5. It works very well! (Sorry, no benchmarks to
characterize my claims...)

- Mike