Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Nov 9 23:48:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 11:16 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:41 +0000, Scott van Looy wrote:
> > This usually won't be the case. There's always a slight overlap, as I
> > said, of usually one or two days, when the kernel module isn't
> > available
> > for that kernel, but fedorakmod makes sure that the RPMs stay in sync
> > and
> > it just works
>
> Only one or two days.  Is there some reason that the open source
> community couldn't get together on this and have the module ship at the
> same time as the kernel ?

Sure there is a reason.  The closed source driver is not and probably
never will be distributed by fedora.

That means those who do build and package it have to have the released
kernel available before they can build the package... ergo, a delay that
often is as little as one day.

However, as has already been said, that applies to released kernels and
not testing kernels.  Either build your own or don't use testing.  In
either case whining to the community will get little support, and
probably will generate a lot of ill will as this thread has already
done.

.