[Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 04:01:38 UTC 2006

Kim Lux wrote:
> They don't have a customer support email address that I can see.  And I
> was hoping this post would get some agreement and TOGETHER some people
> could attempt to mitigate this problem.

Try this link, it leads to a how-to, so you can build and try out the
driver for the nv card. It is not 100 percent, but at least it compiles
and works to an extent.

Excerpt from Xorg.0.log below:

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log |grep nouveau
(II) LoadModule: "nouveau"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
(II) Module nouveau: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) NOUVEAU(1): [drm] loaded kernel module for "nouveau" driver
(II) NOUVEAU(1): [drm] created "nouveau" driver at busid "pci:0000:01:00.0"
(II) NOUVEAU(1): DRM version: 1.0.0 (name: nouveau)
(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory)

Jim
--
Microsoft should switch to the vacuum cleaner business where people
actually want products that suck.

    -- Bruno Bratti