mesa indirect

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 12:03:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 18:54 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Well, this looks like something:
> (II) fglrx(0): Composite extension enabled, disabling direct rendering
> (WW) fglrx(0): ***********************************************
> (WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
> (WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
> (WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
> (WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *
> (WW) fglrx(0): ********************************************* *
>
> I'm no expert, but have you tried commenting out the composite
> section?
>
> This thread may be of interest:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org/msg46256.html
>
> HTH,
> Chris
  Hi Mlists,
     I have been struggling with this on my M300 ATI notebook. Cannot
get xv to work. But I did re-enable DRI, with two changes:

My xorg.conf is like yours, except:

 Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

I gave up on livna, and built the rpms from the 8.30 version of the code
from ATI. I think that was important - may be wrong.

Dri means I can watch films using -vo gl2!

     Bill