Looking to replace Evolution

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Fri Nov 10 15:19:06 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 9:23 am, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> As I said in another post, kmail is -too- customizable.
> There are too many key-combination that cover a fairly limited set of
> operations (Move up, down, select one message, select multiple message,
> close thread, etc) and as much as I tried, I got lost in the sea of
> options... :(

Yeah... OTOH, that's a GOOD thing, because you can configure KMail to do what
YOU want... you aren't limited by what some programmer thinks you need. :-)
Seriously, I understand your confusion. I don't need a lot of keyboard
shortcuts... I have a couple that I use regularly, like "mark thread as read"
and "mark all." Then I pretty much just use page up/down to move between
screens of subjects and then up/down arrow to select between messages. Works
for me, but maybe not you.

Awhile back I used a mail client called Pronto. You might want to take a look
at it... I don't know if it's capable of syncing with a PDA or not... It can
be found here: http://www.muhri.net/pronto/

There are a bunch of email clients on Freshmeat... take a look at them and
maybe one of them will suit you.