"The war is over and Linux won"

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Nov 10 16:05:32 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:

> Novell put up some blather here

Larger view in terms of how effective we Linux users and advocates have
been, and how Linux experts are the future; and why MSFT desperately
shells out millions with a competitor to try to find an 'in':

''A new IBM-sponsored study on Linux sent me by Joe McKendrick, our SOA
expert, goes a long way toward explaining the big Oracle and Microsoft
moves regarding Linux.

The war is over and Linux won.

The truth of the assertion is in a chart near the back of the report. It
shows that 83% of companies expect to support new workloads on Linux
next year, against 23% for Windows. The move is slower for larger
enterprises, but the direction is clear.

...''

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=837