Fedora or Firefox problem?

Beartooth beartooth at swva.net
Fri Nov 10 17:53:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:02:03 +0100, Tibor Attila Anca wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 09.11.2006, 13:10 -0500 schrieb John Aldrich:
[...]
>> I'd just uninstall 'em, but unfortunately, that's not possible since that
>> option is grayed out. Can someone tell me how to get rid of all those extra
>> language plugins that I don't want or need?

> You have to do it as root.

How do you find them??

I went prowling around in the GUI, and got as far as .mozilla/firefox/ --
found two directories with odd names ending in .default, each with an
extensions subdirectory -- but one of those was empty. So I went to the
other gibberish.default directory, and its extensions subdirectory. But
apart from a few things like addresses of people I don't know, there are
seventy or so folders with great long names that mean nothing to me; and
the samples of them I looked in had subdirectories quite similar to one
another, such as chrome and uninstall.

Where do I find names I can read as those of languages??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1