Fedora or Firefox problem?

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Fri Nov 10 19:36:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 12:53 pm, Beartooth wrote:

> > You have to do it as root.
>
> How do you find them??
>
> I went prowling around in the GUI, and got as far as .mozilla/firefox/ --
> found two directories with odd names ending in .default, each with an
> extensions subdirectory -- but one of those was empty. So I went to the
> other gibberish.default directory, and its extensions subdirectory. But
> apart from a few things like addresses of people I don't know, there are
> seventy or so folders with great long names that mean nothing to me; and
> the samples of them I looked in had subdirectories quite similar to one
> another, such as chrome and uninstall.
>
> Where do I find names I can read as those of languages??

Go to "extensions" as root and select them and click "uninstall" like you
would any other extension. The language packs are about the only thing you
have to uninstall as root as far as I can tell.

Warning: You might want to stay away from the del.icio.us plugins as they have
seriously changed the way they work... basically they copy all your bookmarks
to your del.icio.us account and then put a shortcut to 'em in place of your
bookmarks in Fedora. I didn't like that, so I uninstalled it and copied my
old bookmarks back... I was looking for some that didn't get loaded
anyway. :-)