Remove update queue

Norm norm at workingtools.ca
Fri Nov 10 23:28:46 UTC 2006

How does one remove the update queue in fc6
I used the update software process and tried to update some
applications.  This time it told me that it needed libetpan  so it could
update some applications.  In the past it I removed the "trouble
applications from the queue and found the dependency and installed it
all worked well.  This time when I try to install  the dependency I am
told I can not install it until I install l the very dep I am trying to
install because the dep is need to install other applications.  At a
guess I should be able to get things under control if I can flush the
queue. Any suggestions as to how I can get past this circular logic loop?