MIDI

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 15:12:10 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:16, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Hi Anne. I usually just copy them to my /home/user directory. As long as
> you have the awesfx package installed, just run sfxload, or asfxload as
> user, putting the soundfont name after it. In my case see below.
>
> sfxload CT4MGM.SF2
>
> To check if they are loaded ok you can run.
>
> cat /proc/asound/card0/wavetableD1  , changing the card No for yours if
> it's different.

I'm having no success at all with this.  I do remember that in kmid settings I
had to try the different midi devices to find the one that worked, but so far
I haven't got any of them working.  I'm also concerned that it is looking
at /usr/share/apps/kmid/maps/gm.map, and wonder if this should be ringing
bells for me, but it isn't :-(

You did remark about getting a gm font - could you amplify, please?  I'm not
sure what I'm looking for on the hammersound site.

Also, do I have to do anything more to get kmid to recognise the soundfonts I
do have installed?

Anne