Mouse disapears when X starts? WEIRD

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sat Nov 11 16:24:27 UTC 2006

Mark wrote:
> Very strange mouse problem.
>
> I have had to reboot on occasion when I start my fedora 6 install comes
> up but has no mouse.
> I am finding that it does that all the time now.
>
> When in init 3, I can move the mouse, and see the white cursor moving so
> I know it is there.
> When in 5 ( startx ) I cant see the cursor moving but know it is there.
> Right click brings up the menu on the desktop etc.... so I know X sees
> it too.  But no visable mouse pointer that cna be seen.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm not sure why that would happen, but some graphics drivers for X let
you switch between a hardware generated cursor and a software generated
cursor. You'll need to look at the man page for the driver you use to
see if you can do this but you could try changing from one to the other
to see if that at least provides a work around.

--
Ian Chapman.