MIDI

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 11 16:52:23 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 10:12, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:16, Nigel Henry wrote:
>> Hi Anne. I usually just copy them to my /home/user directory. As long
>> as you have the awesfx package installed, just run sfxload, or
>> asfxload as user, putting the soundfont name after it. In my case see
>> below.
>>
>> sfxload CT4MGM.SF2
>>
>> To check if they are loaded ok you can run.
>>
>> cat /proc/asound/card0/wavetableD1  , changing the card No for yours
>> if it's different.
>
>I'm having no success at all with this.  I do remember that in kmid
> settings I had to try the different midi devices to find the one that
> worked, but so far I haven't got any of them working.  I'm also
> concerned that it is looking at /usr/share/apps/kmid/maps/gm.map, and
> wonder if this should be ringing bells for me, but it isn't :-(
>
>You did remark about getting a gm font - could you amplify, please?  I'm
> not sure what I'm looking for on the hammersound site.
>
>Also, do I have to do anything more to get kmid to recognise the
> soundfonts I do have installed?
>
>Anne

I was just playing with kmidi here, and found that I had to configure the
midi path to one of the 4 channels shown under my audigy 400 entry in
that menu. Setting it to the card itself didn't work.  What I did was
start a .mid file playing, and then played with the midi menu until it
worked.  I had already loaded the CT4MGM.* soundfont file thats on the
audigy cd.

Your config/midi menu will show up differently for the hammerfall card of
course. If it will pass, I've attached a .png of that menu.

--
Cheers, Gene