getting Firefox 2.0

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 11 17:55:43 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 5:21 pm, Scott Berry wrote:
> Is there a rpm for Firefox 2.0 yet?  If so what is the name of the rpm?
>
> I am using Fedora Core 5.

>From what I hear I doubt there will be a firefox 2 rpm for fc5 or even fc6.
Read the archives, its been discussed a lot. Essentially, firefox 2 is just a
public relations release, and offers nothing much new compare to 1.5.X. They
released it as 2 sounds it sounds newer and funkier than just another 1.5.X
release.

If you really want 2, you will either need to install from source, or use one
of the rpms prepared by third parties. Again, if you search this list I am
sure you will find some links.

Chris