[Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Sun Nov 12 16:02:08 UTC 2006

Kim Lux wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 21:43 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
>>> Kim who???  I don't see any messages from this person any longer...
>>>
>> Only one from him just 5 hours before you posted this..  8-))
>> And a little less combative than his previous posts as well
>>
>> Maybe he is learning to interact instead of demanding..
>
> I never demanded a darn thing in the first place !  All I did was say
> that the nvidia situation sucks ! I wasn't even looking for help !
> Apparently some in the Linux community isn't mature enough to handle
> that without becoming ignorant.

I have a fantastic Laptop that I love.  It's a HP nx9420.  It's ONLY
drawback is the lame ATI card Im stuck with.

Oh how I wish I had a NVidia card in this machine like I do in my desktop
system.   Atleast NVidia cares enough about me to release fantastic drivers
for me to use in my machine's in my OS of choice.

 From where I'm sitting, It's not NVidias fault the kernel needs drivers
rebuilt for changes in kernel minor numbers like 2.6.18-XXXX to 2.6.18-YYYY.

Greetings from Iceland where this message was written on a desktop using
GeForce 6600 GT, NVidia drivers, XGL in a twinview configuration and
everything simply works.

PS: If anyone from NVidia is reading this thread, kudos to you and please
keep up the good work :)

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX CSA and CSE.
                --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.