Fedora Core 6: crash on logout

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 13 00:13:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:47:26 -0800
Ralph Alvy <ralph at ralphalvy.com> wrote:

> Seems that my fresh install of Fedora Core 6, fully updated, crashes into a
> black screen when I logout of KDE. When I logout of Xfce4, it also crashes,
> but I'm left with the splash screen.
>
> Never had these problems with FC5 on this machine.

You wouldn't happen to be using the x86_64 fglrx drivers and an ATI
video card would you? I get a totally frozen system when the X server
exits (which it does briefly on a logout) or when I hit Ctrl-Alt-F1
to try and get a console. (Which is too bad, because all my other
video problems disappear when using fglrx :-).