Show-stopper for me

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:21:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 16:58 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> <sigh>  I found a couple of conf.h lines and removed them, which at least got
> rid of some errors, but I still have a stack of them, and no idea where to
> start solving the problems:

Hey Anne! I'm alive again and living amongst those running FC6. Now,
back to the webcam issue. I got mine working!!!!!

First, I went through ten kinds of hell with the kernel. I kept getting
the i586 one and I finally just dnloaded from core the kernel, kernel
devel and kernel header packages and rpm -e the old ones, while holding
my breath, and re-installed the good ones. It's not safe to do this, yum
went ballistic the moment there was no kernel, but thankfully it
continued.

Then I got my webcam tar and untarred it. Tried to make it, got the same
ole same old complaint. So, I just touch config.h
in /usr/src/kernels/2.XXXX/include/linux

went back and made the blooming arse run! It compiled without a burp and
loaded a working module. I know have my smiling countenance grinning
back at myself. What a fine day. Life is good, the Universe spins at
200,000 miles an hour, in greased grooves. Ric