freenx on console session

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Nov 13 02:08:55 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 13:45 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I use the vnc module for X to allow remote access to my running
> desktop session but would also like to have the bandwidth
> improvement from freenx.   Does anyone know if it is possible
> to connect it to screen :0?

I know you can use VNC with the NX client.  But, connect to a running
session...I don't think so.  Haven't tried lately, though I do remember
that there is no session shadowing support in NX yet (so freenx doesn't
have it either).

I'd ask on the freenx list for more info.  They're a helpful bunch.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu