Burning a backup to DVD-DL

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 13 14:18:10 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 04:38, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Monday 13 November 2006 05:11, Ric Moore wrote:
>> Damn me and my eyes, it sure as heck looked like it did just that,
>> clattering around, making whoosh noises in the Dvd drive bay, and the
>> the harddrive ticking away like the end-times were near, while the
>> progress bar progressed towards completion, but staying well clear of
>> the redzone. It ejected, when finished, to hand the stupid SOB in the
>> chair the "finished" product.
>
>Ric, I don't know whether it would have helped in this particular
> occasion, but in k3b it's worth setting the Verify flag and saving it
> as a user default.  It slows down the production of disks, but if there
> are any problems you can read the report it generates.
>
>I would have thought that it would read one of the too-big files and
> find that it couldn't match it on the disk, generating a fail.
>
>Anne

Thats something I haven't checked out yet in this FC6 install.  The k3b I
had on FC2 used the md5sum, and that fails 100% if dma is enabled on the
drive while doing the check, but a little math in kcalc to determine the
number of 2048 byte blocks to have dd feed sha1sum and it Just Works(TM).

Has k3b been trained to use the newer sha1sum and to turn the dma off
first now?

--
Cheers, Gene