MIDI

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:05:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 09:23 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I wonder if timidity is what is being used if I open a .mid file in a browser?
> Looking at File Associations, though, mid and x-mid files are just linked to
> Netscape plugin viewer (nsplugin), while midi and x-midi files are linked to
> the same and to kmid.
That was how it was back when... the plugger app that was used would
call on timidity as did kmid. It's just a player, but it seems to
universally work out of the box. I like that!

It was either Lonnie or Gene that reported being surprised that you
cannot just open up a dialog in FireFox, as you could in the old
NetScape, and set the bindings yourself. I miss that too... for the life
of me I cannot fathom why it was removed. It's not the "Right Thing".
Ric