FC-6 disappointment on AMD Athlon64 3200+ machine

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:40:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 15:27 +0000, John Austin wrote:

> > > Does it happen if you install in text mode?
> >
> > That's a very good idea, thank you.
> > I haven't tried installing on this machine in text mode.
> >
> > Actually, the point at which the machine hung -
> > during installation of a package -
> > doesn't seem to gel with a video error,
> > but I shall try installation in text mode next.
> >

> > --
> > Timothy Murphy
> > e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> > tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> > s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
> >
> Hi
> Are we talking i386 or x86_64 ?
>
> I have clean install of FC6 i386 on Athlon64 3200+
> About 20mins for FULL install

Same here, only I figure it's too short as I had to install KDE from the
net via yum. The install dialog could be tightened up a tad to allow
installing "extra" apps from the CD. I wanted to install "everything"
yet the install only used 3 CD's of a set of 5 and I'm sure I missed
something somewhere to not be accessing the other 2 CD's during install.
Whatever, it wasn't readily apparent from the install dialog and it's
not like this is my first rodeo. Yippie ky yay, Ric