Problem with "yum update" in FC6: Error missing dependency

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Nov 13 17:59:33 UTC 2006

Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Friday 10 November 2006 12:46, Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) wrote:
>> I've been seeing this for the past couple of days....

It's after policycoreutils-newrole, not policycoreutils.

Unless you're an SELinux enthusiast, you're almost certainly running the
targeted policy (or none at all) and don't actually need the mls and
strict policies, so a quick fix for this would be to remove them:

# yum remove selinux-policy-strict selinux-policy-mls

Paul.